About Me

My photo
Sad Clown. Not affiliated with any west coast or east coast gangs.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

POETRY STRIKES ME

I read one book and it made me want to read more by Tao Lin. I found out that he was

one of those people who does a lot of stuff on the internet and thought that I am savvy

to that sort of thing that people are doing today. But not as hip as maybe somebody who

was really good at blogging and had a strong internet presence. I found his thing on

Google and found other people who wrote in a similar way and wanted to read more so

I did and found that I liked to read more but was distracted by the urge to do other things.

And then I felt that I recognized elements in my own writing that I wanted to bring out

the way other people do. That happens to me whenever I read poetry that I like. I like a

lot of different kinds of poetry but doubt that there is anything important left to say.

Then I read a poem I like and discover that there is but that somebody else has already

said it. Then I stay up all night and smoke a whole pack of cigarettes. Sometimes I think

of lighting a cigarette and realize that I’m already smoking a cigarette and I am able to

laugh at myself for a moment. I want to read more blogs and poems on the internet.

I don’t know anybody who thinks that the same things I think are important are

important. I want to show somebody my poems but I don’t know why. I very vaguely

want some certain people to like my poems. I very vaguely want to like some certain

people but I don’t know why. If I had something really important to say, I

don’t know who I’d tell. Maybe I would post it on twitter. I think that’s what I like about

blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment